Sunday, September 26, 2010

T-Minus 6 hours til departure...

First of all, epic fail on the phone situation. I thought I could wait til the last minute to jailbreak which would have been possible if I wasn't so on top of updating my phone. The hack no longer works with the version of iOS that im using. I'll just have to buy a notsosmart phone to use in the meantime until the new hack comes out.

Second, a recommendation on money matters for any study abroad student: Capitol One offers credit cards with a 0% conversion fee on international use. Everyone else charges about 3%. The card I have has 0% APR until April, so I can accumulate some debt and not worry about it right away.
Unfortunately, Crapitol One lives up to its name quite well: they only gave me a $500 limit, they require you to call them every month to give them an update on where youre traveling to, and my card, without reason, has already been frozen. I had to call and get the hold lifted. When I asked why, they couldnt give me a reason as to the cause. Seriously.
I 100% plan on canceling the card after I get back. its a piece of shit.

Third, Packing is the most monumental task I've ever undertaken. I've eliminated quite a bit. Theres plenty of room in the physical suitcase, but it's exceeding the weight allowance. My shoes alone weigh 11 lbs, and thats after eliminating two pairs!

Swiss Army Bag courtesy of Dante R. Russo.
I honestly dont think I'm being too excessive. Looking at all that stuff and deciding what to eliminate is very difficult, and my mom saying "you sure you dont want to bring that" doesnt help either.
*shoots self*

2 comments:

  1. I love "swiss army bag courtesy of dante russo" LOL I am a terrible packer and I can only imagine having to pack for an extended time period... yikes!! you are bringing an excessive amount of sunglasses! hahaha but they weigh nothing and they're small so you can get away with it. I always pack too many panties because they're so small and you never know which ones you'll feel like wearing that day! :P Hope you have/had a safe journey!! I'm so happy for you :)

    Love, Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao. I packed too many panties too. hahaha.
    I ended up eliminating ALOT! I took out a ton of shirts, and some sweaters, and 3 pairs of shoes! It was tough. And im still gonna have to buy more luggage for the return trip -.-

    thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete