Thursday, November 25, 2010

giving thanks

I am thankful for the Partonus charm, Innocent smoothies, and thermal underwear.
I am also thankful for cups of hot chocolate, snowfall, and Glee;

on a more serious note, I'm thankful for:
-my family,
-all my new friends that Ive been so fortunate to meet in this brilliant city,
-my friends at home that stand by me and put up with all my crazy,
-all my past friends that have helped shape me into who I am today. they've taught me how to love, how to feel, and how to cry. ive learned more from them than anyone else and I attribute so much of myself to them. Even though we're no longer in touch, I love so many of them and I take them with me everywhere I go.
-the opportunity to live in London and explore not only new parts of the world, but new parts of myself.
-theatre and the purpose it brings me
-and all the little things that make me smile throughout the day.

Thanksgiving away from home is a challenge to say the least. Everyone here is struggling not being home. this morning I was super depressed and cursing out the world. No one should have to go to school til 6, followed by work til 10 on Thanksgiving day.
I was standing outside the tube station and noticed some flurries whiz past my face and my whole day instantly turned around. It reminded me to be thankful of what I have and to try and make the best of my last 3 weeks in London.
Tonight after work, youll find me in the Famous Cock with the bros drinking to all the fantastic things we've experienced in these past few months.
Let Jack Daniels be my turkey substitute.

1 comment: