Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Throwing myself off a cliff and living to speak about it...

My friends and I booked a trip to Wales to go cliff diving. What ever possessed us to do that? I have no idea. BUT, its been my favorite thing that I've done so far.

6 hour train ride, and several treat trolly's later ("Want anything from the trolley my dear? Ill take the lot!") we arrive in Haverfordwest, which none of us still can pronounce.
Let me start off by saying, Welsh is an interesting language. The letters and the words dont correlate in the slightest bit. There's just too many consonants. But my Scandinavian streetwalker friend, Jill, fit right in. It sounded like her native language.
........................
The lodge that we stayed in was beautiful. Surrounded by fields of sheep and cows. They made us home cooked food! and we found a pub with drinks cheap enough to intoxicate a group of overzealous Americans with heavy hands and bad drinking habits on a budget.

me, I'm a fierce lady.
The next morning we took the plunge in to the sea off 20ft cliffs. Followed by battling white waters in Kayaks and hotpants.
and if thats not enough for this adventure man, a 7mi hike topped off the physical activity cap for a lifetime.

Team XTREME Adventure

Also we were fortunate enough to get within 5ft of a seal. It was one of the most amazing experiences. The seal was just as fascinated with us as we were with him. He just sat there and watched us. so incredible.

Wales was incredibly beautiful but I was very excited to get back to city life. Upon arriving in London, the good'ol tube system was down and we had to find an alternate route home. 
Since being home from Wales, three people have jumped in front of trains (we witnessed one), and one unfortunate one of us got mugged.

Home sweet home.


As for Halloween, all of my Brit friends talked it up saying that they get WILD.
WELL, let me tell you, the Brits think a costume is slapping on some blood and calling it a day. 
The only costume on the street, seriously, was zombie. Some of my friends participated in a Zombie Pub Crawl which is totally acceptable, but for everyone else, the lack of creativity was astounding. 
Some people didnt even know that you didnt have to dress up as something that wasnt scary, or undead, or without fangs.
Silly Brits. Not one Gaga, or Katy Perry, or Navi, or reality TV star in sight!
Anti-climactic. All of the Purchase Halloween pictures depressed me cause we know how to do it good. *sigh* always next year. 

Anyways, Ive already pre-reserved my seats for the Harry Potter premier (i know, im wild). And im going to go see Warhorse tonight which has won a ton of awards. very excited.

Oh and remember those good ol' tubes, theyre completely closed today for a strike. so I'm now off to walk to class. Post again this week, pinky promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment