Thursday, October 21, 2010

hallelujah, cmon get happy!

Ive been slacking this week on the blog! Lots to include. lets see how concise I can be.

Art:
In the past week, I went to The National Gallery to visit the Renaissance collection,
and The Wallace Collection for their Dutch Genre paintings and Rococo art.

Fashion:
I went to the Globe Theatre and was part of a costume demonstration.

Meow. This is exactly what purchase needs: a Victorian drag queen. Id put all of those other bitches to shame. Watch out Fall Ball!


Its kinda incredible how much the corset changes your alignment and breathing. In my acting class, we're studying Alexander Technique. I couldnt even imagine applying that while wearing a corset. Your support is so limited, not to mention you feel claustrophobic as fuck! 

Pop Culture:
I randomly ran into Jay Brannan (musician) on the tubes which was super cool.

"Hey! Jay Brannan?"
"Hey?"
"Ive seen you like 6 times in NYC!"
"Omg really? What are you doing here?"
"School. hah."
*This station is Euston. Please mind the gap while exiting the train.*
"Well, bye!"

magic.
Also, since ive been here, ive stumbled upon the set of Pirates of the Caribbean 4, and the movie premiere of Despicable Me and saw Steve Carell and Russell Brand. Its amazing the things you just find in this city.

Theatre:
Lovely as always, we met Johnathan Groff after the performance of Deathtrap.
I also went to a talk with Stephen Sondheim on the songwriting process,
saw a contemporary dance/acrobatics piece called 7 Fingers - Traces,
and a immersion theatre piece, loosely based off a Zola novel, called Money.

Money was probably the most influential theatre experiences Ive ever had. From the very second you stepped on the property of this old tobacco warehouse, you were part of the performance. It was unlike anything ive ever seen and is one of the prime reasons that I love and want to do theatre for the rest of my life.
& After we took our professor out to have a couple of drinks and got her a bit drunk. it was hysterical. 

Life:
I was talking with my friends about how hard its gonna be to leave London. I honestly could live here. I love everything about it.
The other night we found this cozy little pub and drank mulled cider. It was so euphoric. Just little experiences like that have made my time here really special. I love the "family dinners" and taking the tubes everywhere, and my new British friends, and the fact that in London, its already Christmas. Theres decorations poping up everywhere already! crazy. 
I never want to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment