Tuesday, October 12, 2010

a day in the life.

European Travelers note:
When you put you're debit card into a machine, dont get all excited when the money comes out and run away because you haven't got your bloody card back yet! Wait for it, c'mon, wait for it. Ok, now take it and go.

I've lost my debit card twice in this fashion already because I overzealously took the money and ran to my nearest pub/shopping destination. 


I know this sounds like complete bollocks, but I HAVE to emphasize how amazing the weather has been.
We've had 5 beautiful days in a row now. Blue skies, crisp air, and sunshine. Unheard of in this city.
Its helping compensate for missing fall. Cause its nothing like a New York fall.

but when the weather is nice like this, I like to get lost off the main road,
into the smaller neighborhoods, where theres more trees, and leaves to scuffle on the ground.

I think about living here after school. Totally plausible.
With things going so well at the King's Head, I might find a paid position pretty easily.
We have a press night on Thursday to introduce Opera Up Close, at the King's Head, London's first new opera house in 40 years.

I totally could do this forever. Last night I comped all my friends tickets. I LOVE being able to do that. so VIP. We saw Showstoppers: An Improvised Musical. It was absolutely brilliant. The actors were so talented. They story was so coherent for something that was made up on the spot. I could swear that one of the actors was Patti LuPone. Spitting image. Exact facial expressions, mannerisms, and voice. I pretended it was her to whole time. gay dream.

Speaking of gay dream, I got lost in a bookstore yesterday. I went in with a few friends and they were looking for something specific, so I sat down to relax cause we had been walking all day. I looked up from my chair and was staring at the fine art section. It was only seconds before I was compelled, no, forced like a magnet, into a world of Bauhaus theory, White and the use of Negative Space, Japanese Aestheticism, and a photo-chronicle of the collections of Alexander McQueen. I could've been there all day.

I haven't quite missed home much, but that bookstore made me miss Purchase. I need to be filling my brain with theory and history all the time! This "semester off" is intellectually unsatisfying thus far. But its too early to complain, we're only in our second week of classes.

2 comments:

  1. The weather is really wonderful lately. i totally agree. you and i need to hang out soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like your having an amazing time!!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete